20260816

I'M 11 YEARS OLD AND I'M BUYING ONE OF THE FIRST PRESSINGS OF LED ZEPPELIN'S "BONZO'S BIRTHDAY PARTY" (includes vinyl rip)

 STOP 005 RETURN TO RECORD PARADISE




Boy, was I lucky to have grown up in Hollywood and wandered into this place at such a young age. My patronage to the store would go from '73 to '76, when they were eventually busted. Bonzo's Birthday Party was literally the second boot I bought there, the older lady that worked the counter that whole time period was so sweet. The store was seriously connected to the TMOQ folk and other bootleggers which made shopping there that more fun. 

I took this Led Zeppelin record to boarding school in upstate New York and would crank it - all the kids would ask me where I got it. That year when I got back for Christmas break, my mom went to the store with me. When I brought up about five or six boots, right in front of my mom, the sweet lady behind the counter took several of them and went "here, on the house, we always love having your son in here."

Yep, it was a special store. 

Hear a vinyl rip of this exact copy, still in mint condition, HERE. Other tapes and versions surfaced thru the decades but this is the original! 


No comments:

Post a Comment