20260825

HOW IS IT THAT THE TWO HOTTEST HORROR FRANCHISES OF 2024 LANDED UP SPITTING OUT A COUPLE OF CLUNKERS FOR SEQUELS IN 2025? - FIVE NIGHTS AT FREDDY'S 2 (2025) & MEGAN 2.0 (2025)

 STOP 006 B-MOVIE BACKLOT 


It may be a modern practice, but it’s certainly not a new one: you’ve got a movie that’s hot, a sequel gets commissioned, and then somebody says, “Hey, why not shoot the third one at the same time?” I mean, we can cut costs, save time, yadda, yadda, yadda. But if you’re going to make a sequel, why not concentrate on making the best movie you can—maybe even one that’s better than the first?

What a concept.

I'm afraid both of our sequels under review here have fallen prey to this; they're also both guilty of trying to throw everything including the kitchen sink in with twists, turns and effects. A bit surprising and ironic as what made both originals great in my opinion was just that easy burn kind of feel they had - the scares coming in sparse but great timing. Megan 2.0 is the far worser of the two, but I found both films to be in completely different galaxies than their originals.

I predict Freddy's 3 will eventually hit the screen, but whatever Megan 3.0 is at this point, won't. It's going to be hard to recover from Megan 2.0, El Stinko. Two times I tried to get thru it, no way. Freddy's 2 isn't really that bad so much as a disappointment.    FF2 3.0 stars/5 Megan 2.0 0.5 stars/5


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Old Web Project member « Prev Random Next »